What makes you happy?
If you could do it every day, would it still make you happy? Or would you become complacent about it?
Some of the things that make me happy include (but are not limited to):
– Listening to the boy dancing on our wooden floors
– Playing with silk satin (one of my favourite textures)
– Taking a photo and knowing that it looks the way I want it to
– Knowing that I have contributed to something getting better
– Sleeping beside the spouse
– Having a clutter free bedroom. The rest of the house can be upside down, but please give me a tidy sanctuary!
These are the things that I don’t think I could ever get complacent about, really. I smile every time I hear the boy dancing – it’s his happiness that makes me happy. Silk satin is always a shock to the skin when you touch it as the temperature is always different from your own – I don’t think it could let you ignore it. Taking photos I am happy with is always a struggle and you know the cliche about struggle – it does make success sweeter.
My Mother in Law (who is the most awesome mother in law in the world – seriously!) keeps telling me that life gets better as you get older and I keep seeing this in action. I am so much happier at the end of my 20’s than I was at the beginning and whilst I couldn’t really put into words who I am, I feel I know who I am a lot more. I still have those hideous days – but they are less…
…and I know that the little things in life go a long way to making me feel happy.
Life around here has been cah-razy this week and I have more than a few things that simply cannot go on-line…. so wish me luck as I don my snorkel to wade through the muck and just keep breathing….(I’ll be fine!).