We’ve just returned from a weekend at the beach.
Today marks 29 days until winter.
The ocean was 24 degrees Celsius (75.2 degrees Fahrenheit).
I hadn’t intended to swim. I’m in this photo – the one wearing trousers and a long shirt. The boy is wearing his day to day wear, too.
When the water is that warm, you hop in. You enjoy it. You savour it. You never know when it will happen again.
I will share more of the weekend, soon.
I’m moving over to film, slowly. So there is a roll to be developed…
(oh the patience!!!!!)
Tomorrow, I wake up 29. I don’t care about this number.
29 sounds glamorous, mysterious and magic.
They are still totally appropriate, but here are 28 more.
- That when you think your life is big, it gets bigger
- When you think you can love no more, that life finds a way to make your heart bigger
- Blending in is the devil
- There is no such thing as normal
- Letting go is hard
- Nothing happens without effort
- Wishing is giving control of your path to someone else
- Dust breeds dust bunnies
- Sometimes, the cat chooses you
- What has gone before, isn’t always the predictor for what comes next
- When things are hard, laugh. Enjoy the challenge.
- Running is a really, really, really good way for me to channel my anger
- I like exercise
- Roller Derby is a sport, not just spectacle
- Opting out is sometimes the opposite
Courage comes in all shapes and sizes
- That being interested in everything is not a sign of failure
- I have a place in my family
- Friendships are not static
- People are not static
- There is a point in parenting where you see the future clearly (and it makes you teary to see it)
- Love does not come in one size
- Relationships are based on trust and communication
- Semantics are mildly important at times, deathly important at others and irrelevant at other times
- Time is precious
- Joy comes from within
- My favourite colour is not pink
- I am who I am, and I am truly okay with that.
Not as profound as last year, but some of these are very new. Embracing me, in all my crazy guises.